Saturday, June 23, 2012

I want to inspire you!!!!!!!!

I have always wanted to reach out and help others after I started my journey. I know the pain of being overweight and how it can impact your life, self image, and basically everything around you. I was once the fat girl that held myself back from enjoying life because i was ashamed, depressed and felt worthless. Growing up I never had an issue with weight. I was always active and very fit up until I got pregnant with my first child. I never thought I would have a weight problem even with my pregnancy because I did not have that Abominable appetite like my friends had when they was pregnant. Never the less I gained a lot of weight due from stress and depression I developed during that time.

10 years and two more children later I went from 115lbs to a Whopping 236lbs. One day I couldn't take it anymore. I was not happy with my life, myself, my body or anything at all. I had to change things before it was too late and lived a life full of Regrets & What Ifs. Things were not just going to change themselves I had to make the first step. I started to act instead of think or should I say Daydream of a much better me.

Having never been a exerciser before in my life (One that never done aerobics or weight training.) I found a nice fitness video on Netflix one day and decided to give it a shot. It was a crunch video called "Super Slim Down by Ellen Barret" I loved it. For a beginner and very over weight for my small 5'1 frame it was easy but tough to get through. The start off was a bit slow as I only worked out maybe a couple times a week and worked my way up from there. I tried various different workout videos to see which ones I liked as I get bored easily if it doesn't catch my attention.

I slowly started to work on my eating habits as they were very bad. A lot of processed frozen foods, fried foods, sweets, pop and fast food anything and everything that was a SIN to eat. I didn't completely do an overhaul right off from the start because I was afraid of crash dieting and then binging. The begining stages consited of reducing my portions, and I stopped drinking pop and replaced it with water. The I slowly cut out fried foods, sweets, and down the list I went. My kids on the other hand was not happy campers because I was not buying junk anymore at the store. Needless to say I eventually gave in to their cries and had to find the willpower not to sneak into the twinkie box.

Two years later I have lost 100lbs and have fought my demons head on and won many fights but I still continue to fight the war.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment