Sunday, June 24, 2012

Scaletatics





The Almighty Scale....HAHAHAHAHA

  
We all dread it, believe it, and fall into the scales trap to utterly destroy any and all happiness we feel with the progress we have made. 

IT LIES!!!!!!! Liar, Liar, Scales on Fire....

I just can't recall how many times I would have a very productive week full of good eating, knocked out some awesome workouts with the feeling of "I probably lost a couple of pounds this week...I just know it..hehehehe" Then we go to weigh in all bright eyed, feeling excited and scared at the same time..we slowly step on the scale that we think is our best friend..look down only to see either we gained a couple of pounds or the scale has not moved at all.

We stand there for a few seconds going over everything trying to figure out what we did wrong. Beating ourselves up, rethinking our strategy, saying to ourselves "I must workout longer and push myself" anything and everything negative will cross our minds even the ultimate "I should just give up". 

The truth is the scale is another one of those evil demons trying to crush us. Don't believe it's lies. The scale cannot and I mean CANNOT differentiate between muscle, body fat or water gain. The 2 lbs that you may think you have gained in fat could actually be............MUSCLE. Muscle weights more than fat, and muscle is what we all want. Yes even the ladies need muscle to have a shapely body. 

I recommend and follow this advice myself..ONLY weight in maybe 2 times a week or better yet once a month. Even then i still don't rely on what the scale says but I rely on how my clothes fit.   Using your clothes is the best way in my opinion to know if you are making any strides in your fitness goals. The scale may say one thing but your clothes will say another. Also measure yourself. Keep track of your inches. You may not have lost a pound according to the scale but you may have lost 3/4 of an inch off of your thighs. Even if you may have hit a plateau don't give up, don't fret just change things up a bit and keep going. You have come this far why stop now?

No comments:

Post a Comment