Monday, July 2, 2012

Progression!!!!

Trying to burn pure body fat is by far the most hardest and frustrating part of this journey. Now it feels like losing the first  100lbs was the easy part. Now trying to drop the last 10 lbs, firming/toning, and working on firming the skin has been a nightmare thus far.

Last year I slacked off after 1 1/2 intense years of cleaning up my diet and exercising. I started back to my work our routine in January and have been pushing myself for the last 6 months. My progression this far has been minimal but I am still trudging on. I told myself no matter what that I will not quite until I reach my goals.

You really need that mind set and determination when you get down to the last few pounds. Those are the hardest to lose. I have done my homework and spent hours searching and reading on diet and exercise to find out what I am doing wrong. My diet (I don't like to use the word but for this purpose I will) is fine. I eat mainly a Vietnamese diet because my wonderful husband is Viet and I have to admit I love the food. Vietnamese food is very healthy for you aside from the rice. I do however watch my rice portions. Although I eat well and have my one cheat day out of the week the fat is just not burning off fast enough.

I figured I would have 10 lbs off by at least 3-4 months tops. I work out 5-6 days out of the week focusing mainly on strength and a couple days of cardio. I made the big mistake of cardio blasting myself to skinny fat syndrome. Now I'm paying for it because I did not have the arsenal of knowledge as I do now. So I just jumped into it and barely ate and did cardio for about 2 hours a day with some strength training in between. So as of now my stats for this month are:

  • Weight in still 136 (scale has not moved in 6 months)
  • Lost 1/4 inch of my thighs and waist
I will post this once a month because I only weight and measure once a month. That is enough to at least keep me from getting unmotivated due to the slow progression I am encountering. One thing I will say that NO MATTER WHAT do not give up on yourself if you have a slow peak like I have. Any lose whether it be 1/4 inch or 1 pound is still BETTER THEN NOTHING! 

If anyone has any advice for me as far as working out/ supplements or any helpful advice is welcome and greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment