I have been doing research for the last 2 years on ways to heal my stretch marks and to tighten the skin. The market is largely packed with miracle creams or surgery options. Most of the creams on the market will leave your wallet empty and surgery options are just not in my list of things to try. I don't like the idea of surgery nor do I have the money for it.
I am skeptical about creams because 1) I don't have the extra money to pay hundreds of dollars for a product that may or not work. 2) The harsh chemicals that some of the creams contain. and 3) I don't want to hop from one cream to the next trying to find something that actually works and wasting my money.
I did try Avon's stretch mark cream but I got no results from this product. I have tried Palmer's Cocoa butter formula with little results, just soft skin. I even experimented with baby oil which I did not like because I hate having that greasy feeling on my skin. So I keep searching and searching. I am more focused on something that is all natural and wont leave my bank account crying. So far I have found a lot of good reviews about Emu oil.
Emu oil is said to penetrate deeper down into the layers of the skin to heal not only the surface but under the skin. It also has a lot of other uses to, it is known to heal acne, ease joint pain, other skin aliments and list goes on. It is a bit pricey from what I have seen but if it works it is well worth trying. I have not yet tried it but I plan to when I get a few extra dollars. I also read that other natural oils can be used and known to heal/ tighten skin is grape seed oil, jojoba oil, and other essential oils. Try doing a search for natural oils that heal the skin and see what you come up with.
My theory on skin is this....I believe with our skin (that is a living organ) there is a way to completely heal our skin. A stretch mark is nothing but a scar and scars can be healed completely or to the point of not being noticed at all. I do not believe the hype that no matter what we do we can't fix this problem unless we have surgery. There is a all natural way to fix this problem and I intend to find it. So I have decided to try natural oils with a combination of exfoliation. If one oil don't work I will try another or I can play mad scientist and start mixing my own mixes.
In the mean time here are some tips to at least help get our skin on the right track until a miracle has been found for us suffering women.
- Exfoliate with a good body scrub. I like a good body wash with sea salts but St.Ives apricot scrub is good to. I would do this at least a couple times a week, more if your skin can tolerate it. Just don't scrub yourself raw
- Moisturize with a lotion that contains vitamin E, aloe vera, cocoa butter, or collagen. Those seem to be the most popular and widely sold combo's I have seen so far.
- Drink plenty of water. Water will help keep your skin hydrated and help flush out toxins in your body
- Take a relaxing bath in Epsom salt. I hear that it helps to draw toxins out of your skin
- Massage your skin with a good oil like Vitamin E, jojoba oil or any essential oil that helps with skin issues
- Eat foods that are full of good skin vitamins like avocado, mango's, almonds, and oyster's.
I would love to hear from real people what they have tried and what has worked for them. So what products or methods have you used to help tighten the skin or heal stretch marks?