Thursday, July 12, 2012

Misery Loves Company

Well today has just not been my day. For a couple of days my tooth that had a filling fall out has been giving me slight problems until this morning. I woke up this morning and did my usual routine before work, made coffee, packed me and the hubby's lunch and ate my cereal. Only thing is I had a hard time eating and my tooth was bothering me till no end. So I popped a couple of Tylenol for my tooth pain and monthly cramps and set out for work. About 3 hours in and the pain was back better then ever. Worse thing is when the whole side of my face decides to join in on the fun. I was a miserable sight today so I decided to head home and look for a dentist.

I knew I was going to have to find one soon for this tooth but not this early on and especially not when all our bills hit and my poor birthday is Saturday. To top things off why couldn't this have happened when I did have the insurance before I got laid off a few months back. Why do these things seem to happen when you know you don't have the money to pay for it and these things cost so much to begin with. Luckily my prayers were answered from a referral service I found on the interne and the dentist they referred me to does a payment plan. So I made the first appointment I could get for tomorrow. I hate to call off work and miss out on the moola that I never get to spend anyway because Uncle Sam and his subordinates wants all my money.

I don't care I can't take tooth pain. Call me a big whimpy butt, but I hate the dentist to begin with (I go regardless) the dentistry tools make my skin crawl when I see them and I hate them scrapping and picking at my teeth. I would rather give birth then deal with tooth aches. They are the absolute worst IMO. On top of everything else I still have the miserable crampies. So I shamelessly dug my way through the medicine looking some old Vicodin from when my son broke his wrist over a year ago because the Tylenol just aint doing nothing for me now. I am slightly at ease now with my hot tea my hubby told me to make.

He told me to make congee since I can't eat anything that requires me to chew. Wish I had some ginger he suggested to make ginger tea and that it really helps with tooth aches, unfortunately I am all out of fresh ginger so green tea and honey is  my new friend this afternoon. Oh and I am never the lucky one to win things only on a rare occasion and today is just such a day. I entered in the giveaway for the Sweaty Betty headband from Lee at Fitville and guess what I won. I was so excited and happy that the pain was forgotten.

Thank you so much Lee you really did make my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment