Sunday, July 8, 2012

My New 10 week challenge

Ok so now I have a new challenge and this one is proposed by my husband Tan. After watching me relentlessly search the internet for weight lose tips and hearing my whines and complaints about not getting anywhere with my efforts to drop the last 10 lbs he says this to me,

"Baby just do sit ups, squats and push ups and stop doing all that cardio. Cardio aint doing crap for you. Just build your muscle to firm up and the fat will burn off."

My response "But baby I need to do cardio to burn off the fat."

He gives me that look of despair and says "I told you to do that a long time ago but you don't listen."

So I say ok! I am going to take him up on that and do a 10 week challenge. He set out a regimen of 3 sets of 10 for each move and I added in a couple of fav's and my workout is going to be 1/2 hour long each day and as I get used to that I will add more reps and increase as I go. So I am giving up all the DVD workouts and kicking the cardio to the curb...for the time being!

It will look something like this:
  • 10 reps and 3 sets of each; squats, sit ups, dead lifts, push ups, lunges, and I may throw something else in like sumo squats, donkey kicks or what ever else tickles my fancy. I am just going to workout in the moment and see where it leads.

This just may be an attempt to finally prove him wrong on something because he is seriously a "Smart Ass" and what I mean by that is he is smart as sh*t and a ass to boot. Not one of those ass's that most men are but a wittingly funny smart ass. He makes me laugh on a daily basis but at the same time piss me off because I can't never seem to get him back on anything.

So if this fails then I can laugh at him and say "I told you so"....but then if it works I will praise him to the heaven's with an "AMEN". he also told me to stop drinking the whey protein after my workouts and drink the Vietnamese lime drink he makes which is oh so yummy and refreshing. I will post the recipe for this. On the plus side I know lime is considered good for fat burning.

So wish me luck and starting tomorrow I will re post my current stats and let the count down begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment