Sunday, July 8, 2012

Setting New Goals

I have decided to set some new goals for myself for the rest of the year. My old goal was to lose 6 lbs in 4 months, even though I worked out hard and ate sensibly the scale has not moved accept up 1 lb. I have noticed some visible results but i am wondering why my left side of my body is getting smaller and firmer but my left side is not. I work them out equally so why is one side getting results but not he other? It goes from my left arm, waist to my leg all those parts are visible firmer then the right.

Very frustrating if you ask me. Does this go into the category of "You don't choose where your body burns fat?" kind of thing or am I doing something wrong? I really wish I had some help on this but I don't have the money to hire a personal trainer or anyone else for that matter to help me with this. So my new goal is this for the rest of the year.

Don't worry about the scale just to keep doing what I am doing and be patient enough until the flabby fat is all gone no matter how long it will take. My reason for this thinking is this...I have set goals to lose and x amount of lbs or firm up the flabby fat but none of my goals have been met yet to my standards. So I am going to stop stressing over it and just keep working hard and see where my body decides to take the fat of first then hopefully move to the other side.

My work out regimen consists of this:

  • Work out 5 to 6 days of the week, depending on my schedule or mood I may get 6 days in but most likely only 5
  • I work out anywhere from 20 minutes to hour again depending on my schedule
  • I mix my workouts up but always get 3 days of strength and 3 days of cardio in, something like this but not always
  • Monday: Jacki Warner's power pyramid for lower body 20 minutes
  • Tuesday: Jillian Michale's 30 day shred about 20-30 minutes
  • Wednesday: Crunch total re-sculpt 40 minutes maybe only 1 of the 20 minute workouts
  • Thursday: Run in place for 45 - 60 minutes
  • Friday: Jillian Michale's killer buns and thighs 30 minutes.
  • On some of the strength days where I work out for only 20 minutes or so I sometimes add in a 30 minute running in place right after.
So my question is am I on the right track and just keep pushing or do I need to change something up or is it better to just stick to one or two workouts for a certain period of time before changing again? Anyone who has any helpful suggestions I would love some feedback. Also I don't have money for a gym membership or the room for equipment. just a mat and hand-weights is what I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment